Infused with Aloha Raw Cake
Celebrating my first Pride living in San Francisco only seemed necessary to throw a rainbow-themed party for friends. Everything from colorful dips, unicorn spring rolls, rainbow veggie pizza and of course; a raw CBD-infused rainbow cake. I decided to name it 'Infused with Aloha' for a couple reasons. The first being that by living aloha one is embracing a lifestyle full of love, kindness, patience, compassion, respect, togetherness, affection and peace- which is exactly what Pride embodies. The second reason being the infusion of all the tropical flavors of fruits and algae in this rainbow layered cake is as if it's infused with the islands. And of course, Hawaii and rainbows go together like the icing on the cake. You have the option to infuse your own coconut oil with cannabis here using a LEVO machine. I chose to use a high-CBD strain to keep this raw cake grounding, relaxing and healing.
Infused with Aloha Raw Cake
You will need one 9" silicone cake mold.
Ingredients for Crust:
-1/2 cup shredded coconut
-1/4 cup almond flour
-3 Tbsp coconut flour
-3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
-3 Tbsp nut milk
-3 pitted dates
Ingredients for Cake Layers:
-5 cups cashews (soaked in water for 8-10 hours)
-2 cans coconut cream (be sure to shake to mix cream with water)
-1 cup coconut oil (option to infuse)
-6 Tbsp maple syrup
-2 purple plums
-1/2 cup frozen blueberries
-1 tsp E3 Live spirulina
-1 tsp matcha (I love this brand)
-1 frozen banana
-3 tsp turmeric powder
-1/4 cup pineapple chunks
-1/2 cup mango
-1 cup strawberries (for topping)
1. Place all ingredients from crust into a blender or food processor. Blend until everything is evenly mixed into a crumbly paste. Press into a silicone cake mold and place in freezer.
2. (Violet Layer) Place 1 cup soaked cashews, 2 chopped plums, 1/4 cup blueberries, 3 Tbsp coconut cream, 3 Tbsp coconut oil and 1 Tbsp maple syrup in blender. Blend on high until everything mixed, pour on top of crust and place in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
**Be sure to clean blender between each layer to prevent colors from mixing.
3. (Blue Layer) Add 1 cup soaked cashews, 1/4 cup blueberries, spirulina, 1/4 cup coconut cream, 3 Tbsp coconut oil and 1 Tbsp maple syrup in blender. Blend on high until no cashew pieces remain and pour on top of violet layer. Replace in freezer.
4. (Green Layer) Add 1 cup soaked cashews, 2 kiwis, matcha powder, 3 Tbsp coconut cream, 3 Tbsp coconut oil and 1 Tbsp maple syrup in blender. Blend on high and pour mixture on top of blue layer. Return to freezer.
5. (Yellow Layer) Place 1 cup soaked cashews, frozen banana, 1/4 cup pineapple, turmeric powder, 3 Tbsp coconut cream, 3 Tbsp coconut oil and 1 Tbsp maple syrup into blender. Blend on high and pour mixture on top of green layer. Return to freezer for 15-20 minutes.
6. (Orange Layer) Place remaining soaked cashews into blender along with mango, 3 Tbsp coconut cream, 3 Tbsp coconut oil, 1 Tbsp maple syrup in blender. Blend on high and pour mixture on top of yellow layer.
7. (Red Layer) Add sliced strawberries on top of orange layer before replacing back into freezer. Make a fun design if you choose! Store in freezer overnight.
8. When ready to serve, remove cake from freezer and let defrost for 30-40 minutes before cutting into slices.
9. Store in freezer up to 2 weeks.